My only comment is on memory. I have Nikon 4000ED and 768M memory. I
feel barely adequate. The photoshop starts swapping mercilessly after
the 3rd operation on 125M files (I have history set to 4, which is as
little as I can live with). I will go for 1.5G as soon as I stop
throwing money away buying photo stuff. The CPU is a relatively minor
issue (I have athlon 1.2G with 133MHz bus and don't feel any need to
upgrade): once you hit the memory limit, the swapping kills performance
by many orders of magnitude, no matter how fast everything else is. So
my advise is, forget about everything else, go get TONS of memory -- it
pays, and with just 512M, everything else is irrelevant.
http://movies.yahoo.com/