From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
knarftheria...@gmail.com
Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2013 2:32 PM
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List"
Subject: Re: PESO - Cape May beach, 10 am

Yeah, the water on "mainland" Nova Scotia is pretty cold. You get used to
it, so the locals say, but I never did.

I'm told the beaches on the Atlantic side of Cape Breton are quite warm as
the Gulfstream hits it before turning east towards Europe. I've never been
to Cape Breton so have no personal experience.

My little tirade was not directed toward New Jersey ~per se~ but toward the
rampant privatization of what has traditionally been common areas. It's
happening everywhere.

I'm glad that the beaches from high water down to the water are still common
areas, but if all ingress and egress is private and tightly controlled then
it's rather moot isn't it? Sure you can walk along from adjoining beaches
but restrictions make that more onerous and eventually all such access to
those beaches from land will disappear.

And that will be a great shame IMHO.

Cheers,
frank