On 7/4/2013 8:25 AM, Bruce Walker wrote:

Congrats, Walt. That will get you started for indoor portraiture quite
nicely, and you can use an umbrella and stand with your speedlight
outdoors too.
Thanks, Bruce. I'm looking forward to trying that out soon. Hopefully, we'll keep bearable temperatures around here -- the long-term forecast calls for a cooler-than-average July and August, so it just may work out that way!
Now, if I can just find some good studio space . . . and some extremely hot
models.
Have you some room in your home? You don't need a lot. Gaff-tape black
fabric to the wall when you don't want bounced light.
Unfortunately, I don't. Every single room is taken up, though I do have a workshop that could potentially work. I'd have to do a LOT of reconfiguring, and it would take quite a bit of work.

I'm going to start asking around to see if there are any beneficent souls in my circle of friends who might have a little space I can use from time to time.

I blame Bruce for all of this, of course.
Well, you know where to find me -- wait: no you don't. Heh! :-)
Not unless you live anywhere near the old Elsinore brewery in Strange Brew. ;)

-- Walt