On 7/4/2013 10:50 AM, Bruce Walker wrote:
I have no dedicated space here either but I roll up rugs, take down
pictures, and push furniture to one end of the room. All you need is a
few linear feet of blank wall, curtains, sheers in front of a window,
etc. Also, if you shoot in the middle of say a living room and use
wider apertures the background will blur out nicely and give a homey
feel to the shot.

During my shoot on Monday I used the family room (in front of vertical
blinds covering the patio doors), and the living room (using light
through a sheers-draped window). "Sunlight" was courtesy of a Pentax
flash because it was overcast with smog at the time. :-( Often I use
the dining room but I have to stand in the kitchen to shoot as the
room isn't very wide.
My biggest challenge, aside from shifting around furniture, rugs, etc., would be maintaining some semblance of order. It's usually a hive of activity between my brother, sister, nieces, great-nieces, friends dropping by unannounced throughout the day.

My pal Dan, who lets me use his furniture/art studio from time to time does have some empty space I could probably use just about anytime I want, though. He owns the place where I did the two recent portrait shoots with the young girls, and has an unfinished area downstairs that would do nicely with a little sweeping. Big windows, plain white, primered walls, etc. I recently watched his house and dogs while he was away for the weekend, so I know he'd trust me -- which is great. I'll have to approach him with an offer of some kind. His downstairs area would be just about perfect.

I'm going to start asking around to see if there are any beneficent souls in
my circle of friends who might have a little space I can use from time to
time.
I'd work that bar angle if you can. With a backdrop in place anywhere
can be a studio.
I have no doubt I could use the bar if needed. Hell, I'm the chief cook and bottle washer, and they were stupid enough to give me keys! ;)
I blame Bruce for all of this, of course.
Well, you know where to find me -- wait: no you don't. Heh! :-)
Not unless you live anywhere near the old Elsinore brewery in Strange Brew.
;)
Get out, eh? Hoser.
Ha! I still love that movie. I can't count how many times I've watched it. :-D

-- Walt