On 7/4/2013 11:37 AM, Bruce Walker wrote:
There you go: problem solved! Big windows and white walls are
photographers nirvana. Your next purchase should be a couple of 4x8'
sheets of silvered one side foam insulation. Use them to bounce light
from the windows and you have million dollar studio light. Pain the
backs of the insulation flat black for maximum utility.

--
-bmw
It definitely would solve the problem. I guess the only reason I haven't approached him before is that I don't want to impose, or interrupt him while he's working. But, then, every time he has a technical issue with anything electronic, I'm the go-to guy.

I just wonder how much I ought to offer in the way of rent, beyond my friendship and relatively meager tech savvy. If I asked him, he'd decline any rent at all. But, I'd prefer to pay a little money for the ability to drop by at odd hours unannounced, so long as I don't disturb his work or sleep. I don't want to turn it into a strictly-business relationship; I'd much rather have a friend. But, at the same time, I don't want to feel like I'm taking advantage of a friend, or taking him for granted by just popping in whenever the notion strikes and leaving nothing but a "Thanks!" as I walk out the door. Just about anyone would get sick and tired of that after a while.

Any thoughts (and not just Bruce, but anyone else who wants to chime in).

Specifically to Bruce: I gather the flat black side would be used for a backdrop?

Thanks!

-- Walt