On 7/11/2013 8:20 AM, Ann Sanfedele wrote:

On 7/11/2013 00:48, Aahz Maruch wrote:
On Wed, Jul 10, 2013, Ann Sanfedele wrote:

How many angels fit on the head of a 32gb card?  I can't imagine
shooting more than 300 to 400 frames - if that.

The Pentax K-5 II was getting 900 DNGs per 32GB card.  I couldn't
imagine taking more than 200-300 shots in a day before my Alaska cruise,
I was wrong; do you really want to take a chance?  Given what you've
said about your discomfort with the small size of SD cards, IMO you
really should get a 64GB card.

I also recommend bringing a spare SD card reader, they're cheap.

"bring"?? Aahz I'm not bringing a card reader to the wedding - its 30
minutes from my apartment by train, 10 by cab.  :-)
If I were going back to Alaska, you bet I'd bring lots of card -
the smallness of the sd is an annoyance and I am klutzy, but I should
have time to go to a second card if I need.

I bet you think I have a laptop. hehe

ann

These are really good for carrying spare SD cards:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/859448-REG/Think_Tank_211_SD_Pixel_Pocket_Rocket.html

I have one each for my K10D & another for my K20D.

... and I like these for SD card readers:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/811411-REG/Vivitar_VIV_CR_35_SD_Card_Reader.html

That style card reader is small enough I keep one in the business card slot of each of the Pixel-Pockets. I also keep spares at each of my computers & one in my laptop bag.