Yes, but without an anti-alias filter, which means a visible jump in resolution & sharpness when everything else (lens quality, steadiness & focus) is at best. Getting all that without increasing file size and computer processing times is a real bonus.

Dario

-----Messaggio originale----- From: Aahz Maruch
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:57 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Any new flagship camera rumors?

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013, Dario Bonazza wrote:

Funny, as I thought of the 16MP sensor in the K-5IIs as the second
most important reason to upgrade from the K-5 (the first one being
of course the huge improvement in AF accuracy in odd light). 16MP is
already more than I need and I'm happy to delay any forced pixel
count increase as much as possible. That's a wonderful world, isn't
it?

The K-5 has the same sensor, doesn't it?
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6 http://rule6.info/

-----
Nessun virus nel messaggio.
Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
Versione: 2013.0.3349 / Database dei virus: 3204/6496 - Data di rilascio: 16/07/2013