Thankfully, tripod vs handheld is a pleasant break from FF hot air. :-)

Zos, eyebrows are my litmus test for system sharpness. Get a well-lit
headshot of somebody and examine their eyebrows. You should clearly
see the individual hairs. Any time I handhold to get such a shot the
eyebrows are invariably a gaussian smear. You cannot do clean
retouching of such images.

I can show you a 100% crop of my model's eyebrows from the last beauty
shots I took using a tripod with my K20D and DA* 50-135. Clear, sharp,
detailed. I defy you to get that clarity handheld, no matter the
shutter speed.

BTW, I compared Gerrit's K-5 doing the same thing: there was no
effective resolution difference to the K20D. I'm hoping to try a
K-5IIs for this as well. I suspect it will do much better.

I hope there will be a 24mpx APS-C upgrade to the K-5. 'Till then, I'm
happy with the K20.

--
-bmw