I use all of the limited number of AF points that Pentax provides. Eg:
the two upper corners of the 9-square land nicely on eyes in
portraits. The outliers are good for faces in full-body shots. Etc.

39 would be both good and bad. With the Pentax cluster, it takes only
a moment to steer over to another point when switching poses or
orientation. With 39? I dunno, could be tedious. OTOH, getting the
framing you want rather than what's forced on you would be nice.

--
-bmw