On Wed, Jul 24, 2013, Matthew Hunt wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Aahz Maruch <a...@pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone actually use those multiple autofocus points for live
>> handheld shooting?
>
> I think it would be a big help for birds in flight. On Pentax bodies,
> it's easy for the bird to slip in between the sites, or outside the
> area they cover. Then the lens starts hunting, and you're toast.

Let me rephrase: does anyone actually use manually-selected AF points for
handheld shooting?

(I did use the camera-selected AF points some during our Alaska cruise
and got limited benefit from that; can't imagine getting any benefit from
trying to select AF points while the bird is moving.)
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/