In answer to Steve Pearson, who wrote:

>Will my Pentax AF200T flash provide TTL flash with
>this [Ricoh] body?

Pentax TTL flashes like 200T and 280T (and later ones) won't go TTL
on the Ricoh TTL bodies (XR-P, XR-M etc.).  I remember I once put a
280T on a XR-P, trying to fit the Pentax contacts with the Ricoh hot
shoe.  I didn't work as TTL. I placed the 280T so that its contacts
would touch the Ricoh's ones but could not be sure they were really
touching. Would it work with a home-made interface ?  Maybe.  Would
Pentax and Ricoh electronics be compatible ?  From Paul Stregevsky's
comment ("the TTL contacts and operation don't match those of Pentax
TTL"), I guess they wouldn't.

Nitin Garg wrote :

>I doubt if af200t would give you ttl with xr-m. you
>probably have to get a ricoh flash for that.

Ricoh's normal size TTL flashes are uncommon (there is a rare GN 40
one for sure).  So, apart from Paul Stregevsky's suggestion, you can
go for a fabulous METZ flash with the proper SCA 364 connector.  Used
Metz flashes are cheap for what they give.  Smallest Metz TTL flashes
are the 32 series (GN is 32 and flash weights same as Pentax AF-280T
with GN 28).  They can go for as low as $30 depending on model and
shape.  Here is a 32-CT3 in box for $36.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1339456322

32CT-7 is latest (zoom head) and a bit more expensive.  SCA 364
adapter is $15 if you can find it on eBay.  A bit more expensive from
used equipment stores, but usually available right now.

Now the bad news: Metz flashes are not as cute as Pentax AF-280T and
its little brother AF-200T...

Hope that helps.