on 2013-08-23 21:34 Matthew Hunt wrote
On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 11:26 PM, John <johnsess...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I've never heard of "get it exact in the camera" before.

I've always heard "get it right in camera" ... not the same thing.

I sure have. There are absolutely no-crop fetishists on the
Internet... and there were in the film days, too (showing the edges of
the frame as "proof").

some did tremendous work within that constraint; while i'm not a purist about it myself, being close to someone who was (in the 1960s), i think it offers a certain simplicity - first thought, best thought