On 8/27/2013 7:32 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 06:47:43PM -0400, David Parsons wrote:
Where do you get that Ricoh is abandoning the Pentax brand?  Because
they haven't announced a full frame camera?  Because the flashes don't
cover a 24x36 frame?
Sorry, I didn't mean for anybody to fall into the sarchasm.

Sheesh.  It's the first update that the flashes have gotten in years,
and it's a feature that no other brand offers.  This is a shot across
the bow of Canon and Nikon.  The price is completely ridiculous, but I
really don't see how this indicates abandonment of the brand.
That is exactly what my point was.  This is a major, and much needed
upgrade. Didn't Ricewhine actually predict something like this about
a year ago?

I wouldn't consider it a prediction if it's from a year ago, and Ricewhine has predicted a lot of things, very few of which have come true, (I know predict a lot of things those that come true trumpet to the world, those that don't never happened. There's a business model in there somewhere).

--
A newspaper is a device for making the ignorant more ignorant, and the crazy,
crazier.

     - H.L.Mencken