Although I have been scanning for quite a long time, I now have a big
question.  Last night I hooked up a new Epson Perfection 2450, so that
I could scan my 67 film.  Everything went together flawlessly and all
the software worked (ViewScan & PaintShop Pro).  My big problem is
with film flatness and focus.  My scans are incredibly soft.  I looked
at the holder and found that film can have a mind of its own (not
laying flat).  I even tried just laying the film directly on the bed,
but since nothing presses against it, the film was not much flatter.

Those of you who scan 120 film - how do you do it?  Do you have issues
with film flatness?  Is there something else I have failed to do?

Thanks for any of your ideas,

 Bruce Dayton