I don't own one but I did research a while ago, for pretty much the reasons you've got. The bottom line appears that the Pentax X-5 is really just another bridge camera pretty much like all other bridge cameras. It's a small sensor, though quality is supposed to pretty good up to ISO 400. When it was first released the zoom range on the lens was pretty special and it had sensor based anti shake, but since then there are a number of cameras in that class with amazing zoom ranges and anti shake systems either sensor based or optical. About the only thing it's got going for it is it looks a little like a small K-5, and the only thing it's got over the Q is it has an eye level EVF.