I understand all that, but it also allows for  the PUG and annual. Unless
the rules have changed. ?

Marnie aka Doe :-)

In a message dated 9/22/2013 6:57:28 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
a...@pobox.com writes:
On Sun, Sep 22, 2013, eactiv...@aol.com  wrote:

> Thanks!, Mark. I've really wondered about the Q.   Seems sort of like
> Pentax's answer to micro3/4 /compact cameras (well,  I see it  that way).

Yes, it is, but even the Q7 only has 1/1.7"  sensor (same size as the
P7100/P7800/DMC-LF1 I've been pushing), so you're  limited to about ISO
800 for good quality.  And there's no viewfinder,  no articulated display.
You do gain some low-light performance with the Q's  15-45/2.8 or a
honking big K-mount lens, but that's also quite a bit larger  than the
compacts.