On 9/22/2013 1:13 PM, Steve Cottrell wrote:
On 22/9/13, Walt, discombobulated, unleashed:

I picked up a beat-up old Yamaha acoustic from a friend about a week ago
after I got hooked on playing another friend's Martin while house/dog
sitting.

It's truly a beater, but it sounds good after a new set of strings and
just a touch of work on the nut to get the take out the buzz on the top
E string when played open. And I got it at a price that made rebuilding
the calluses on my fingers seem bearable.

I'll probably be looking for something newer and nicer in the
not-too-distant future. Still, it's not a bad little starter guitar. And
it's in much better condition than the one Willie Nelson plays.
Come on over and I'll get my mando out ;-)

Ha! Believe it or not, you're the second mandolin player to extend a jam-session invitation since I got the guitar. The other is an old high school classmate.

I've still got a LOT to remember and even more to learn. But it really is nice to be playing again. If I ever make it to GFM and you're there, I'll have to take you up on that offer.

-- Walt