One can still obtain new K-5 cameras Beach Camera, last I checked, had them for about $100 less than the K-5II through Amazon.

On 10/7/2013 8:06 PM, Bruce Walker wrote:
On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 7:41 PM, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 05:03:26PM -0400, Eric Weir wrote:
On Oct 5, 2013, at 11:06 AM, Christine Aguila <christ...@caguila.com> wrote:

I'd like to endorse Paul's suggestion about the K5 & DA 40.  Below is a link
that shows my everyday kit.
Thanks, for the encouragement, Christine. Definitely leaning toward a K-5,
outdated as it is now, as my new camera.
I have a suspicion that there will be quite a few used K-5s on the market in
early December.
And downward pressure on the K-5II pricing should make K-5 used prices
even more attractive. Good times for Pentax upgraders at all levels.

--
A newspaper is a device for making the ignorant more ignorant, and the crazy,
crazier.

     - H.L.Mencken