On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Mark Roberts <postmas...@robertstech.com> wrote:

> It isn't because of the "space between pixels", which has no effect on
> aliasing.

I disagree; see the references in my email. A high pixel fill factor
acts essentially as a lowpass filter, substantially reducing aliasing.
Think of it as averaging over (i.e. suppressing) high-frequency
content on pixel scales. I'm OK with Godders' point that it doesn't
formally eliminate aliasing, but it's wrong to say that it has no
effect, and I believe Larry's central contention that cameras use AA
filters because of the Bayer pattern is correct (and supported by
those references).