On 10/8/2013 8:47 AM, Larry Colen wrote:
Thanks Boris.  There's a lot to the subject, on both sides of
the camera.  It's a tough subject to write about without sounding
like "I showed up and did something without being asked, and now
you owe me".  On the other hand, there are a lot of people who put
in a lot of "invisible effort" and it can be good to make that
effort visible to others.

Larry, I think it comes with what average westerner (I have no clue whatsoever as to "common social practices" of non-western-civilization folk) considers to be socially proper.

Over beer, which I hope we will one day have, we could exchange our impressions and afterthoughts from "social photography" projects each of us had.

Or, you could offer to teach a "photography for parents" class.
Bring Galia along and show them that taking good pictures is so
easy a child could do it. So long as the child was willing to put
in a little bit of effort to learn how to do it well.

Now you positively make me LOL here, Larry. OTOH, it certainly indicates that you haven't yet set your foot on the Holy Soil... The probability of non-zero attendance should I indicate I wanted to perform such a trick act would approach zero from below...

But then again, a good chuckle over morning cup of tea is always a good thing.

Boris