I don't think Hogan was saying anything about the K-3 in particular.
In the Nikon world the D300/300s is quite old and he has been saying
that its replacement, dubbed the D400, is quite overdue.  He's
actually poking Nikon by pointing out that Pentax put together a
camera with a very nice collection of features that has raised the bar
for what a D400 should needs to include.  And, that it needs to get
that camera released soon.

He's been pointing out for quite some time that Nikon hasn't released
a good set of DX lenses for the APS-c shooter, and has been very
complimentary about the Pentax lens lineup.

gs

George Sinos
www.GeorgesPhotos.net
www.GeorgeSinos.com