On 22/10/13, Steve Cottrell, discombobulated, unleashed:

>From my dim and distant memory, one of the most beautiful aspects of
>California is without doubt the coastline, as anyone who has ever
>travelled along Highway 1 will confirm. The cool sea breezes bring moist
>fog onto the shore by day and walking amongst the Sequoia and Redwood is
>not to be missed! I especially loved the shoreline and when I eventually
>make my pilgrimage back to the state - most likely within just a few
>short years now - it will feature heavily on my agenda. To the point
>where I want to spend a week in a beach house nestled amongst the trees.

BTW in case anyone's interested, there is a 1990's book called
'California Beach Houses' (p. Chronicle) that has some wonderful
photographs in it. Primarily of the architecture but also of the
surroundings - a real inspiration and if you like this sort of thing on
your shelf - highly recommended. Cheap used too!

UK

<http://www.amazon.co.uk/California-Beach-Houses-Interiors-Architecture/
dp/0811812189>

USA

<http://tinyurl.com/oghwsrk>

<http://www.amazon.com/California-Beach-Houses-Interiors-Architecture/dp/
0811812189/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382456175&sr=8-1&keywords=California
+Beach+Houses>

--

Cheers,
  Cotty