On 10/30/13 10:25 AM, Alan C wrote:
Why do fashion photographers take so many shots then?

Alan

There is a difference between working a subject, or having a range of good shots in which you will find one that works best, and machine gunning with the hope that one will be passable.

I frequently, when working with a subject, will over-shoot, looking for variations on shots already in the bag, or to work past what we have done before. I get a pile of good shots that way, but a smaller pile of special shots.

It's true that you must take many photos before you can start getting good ones regularly. I believe HCB said it takes ten thousand. I think I took considerably more than that before I got where I am, and I'm not where I want to be yet.