On 13/11/2013 1:51 PM, John Francis wrote:
On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 01:02:13PM -0600, Bill wrote:

We know that the Samsung sensors used in the K20 and K7 never
performed the way they were supposed to, if they had, it's doubtful
that Pentax would have moved to Sony sensors in subsequent models.

That's one reason why I stayed with the K10D until the K5 came along.
I didn't like some of the colours from the Samsung sensor (especially
the deep reds of some roses; they didn't match what my eye was seeing).
I suspect this might simply have been the frequency response at the
red end of the spectrum differing from that of the human eye, or maybe
it was simply the red component of the bayer filter.  In any case,
there were enough other questions about the K20D (and, later, the K7)
that I stayed with what was working for me.

And, when it comes down to it, the K10D was a pretty good camera.

I really liked the K10, the K20 not so much, though both it and the K7 at base ISO gave lovely results in the studio, I suspect for the same reason you didn't like it ( the red response).

bill