It appears to me that the man on right is inside a cafe and looking
out the window into the early morning sun. The lettering on his shirt
is the shadows of the lettering that is presumably on the glass window
he is looking through. Part of what you see in the window is
reflection (the small pitcher, for example) and part is what is going
on outside (the woman walking down the sidewalk).

I think that part of what is intriguing about it is that  the pose of
the man and the fact that his eyes are cut off gives the impression
that he is looking up and out of the window, as if he is stretching to
see his expected, but tardy, breakfast partner. But the reflection in
the window has the man looking downward, disappointed, with no sign of
the hand.

It strikes me as a somewhat Salvadore Dali photograph. Certainly
anything but ordinary. Thanks for sharing it.

--
Photographers must learn not to be ashamed to have their photographs
look like photographs.