Yeah, if the bump stop isn't sticky, it's unlikely to be the cause of the mirror lock-up.

Callum - where abouts in Oz are you? If you're near Sydney I can suggest a camera repairer who could probably help.

I've also used John Goodman's seal replacement kits. They're very good.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia
http://lyons-ryan.org/southernlight/

Quoting Rob Studdert <distudio.p...@gmail.com>:

It may also need a clean lube and adjust, the lubricants can become
gummy over the years, you may also find that the shutter speeds are a
little unpredictable.