If you're batch processing groups of images AWB can require more work.

On 7/15/2014 3:08 PM, P. J. Alling wrote:
If you're shooting raw awb is as good as any setting, white balance only
really effects the jpeg output of the camera anyway.  You can change the
white balance in whatever raw converter you're using. Now there is some
improvement in the histogram display, since it comes from the jpeg
engine, if the white balance matches closely to the environment. However
I pretty sure in most situations awd will do a better job in most mixed
lighting situations.