This is the best reference I could find…

http://www.bikeforums.net/bicycle-mechanics/136163-hookless-rim.html

But…oh, what a lovely bike! I bought one in 1973 when I was 17 years
old and used it for touring and commuting around London and Southern
Ontario. That all ended one snowy February night in 1976 when I was hit
by a car while cycling home from work. The bike was wrecked and I came
close to being wrecked, too. Six months in a cast with a broken leg.
All I was able to salvage off the Super Course was the Brooks saddle.

In 1983, though, I bought another Super Course, which I still have. I
think it had been in the dealer's stock for awhile; I suspect that it
is actually a 1978 or '79 model. It's even better than the first one,
though (Reynolds butted tubes vs. straight) but it is the next larger
frame size and I've never felt that it was quite as good a fit on me.
I've done some touring with it but I am not the passionate cyclist I
used to be with the original green Super Course (this one is red). In
fact, I hadn't ridden it for two years until this past Monday, when I
got it out and went for a ride around the area (I'm in Nova Scotia now…
beautiful cycling country). The bike is in great shape (except for the
paint…) and the original Brooks saddle still does its job…

Thanks for letting me reminisce.

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 20:05:27 -0400, Rick Womer wrote:
> My bicycle is a 1973-vintage Raleigh Super Course, in very good
> condition (if you don't look too closely at the paint!), with all
> original parts except the tires and pedals.  Despite many thousands
> of miles it's still going strong.
>
> The problem is tires.

Steven Sharpe - The Office Gallery

d...@eastlink.ca