John Celio wrote:
Ricoh is not going to bring back the aperture simulator. Give it up
and stop whining about it already!

Supporting old lenses is not good for business, no matter how many old
farts like JCO try to insist otherwise. Ricoh is in the business of
selling cameras and NEW lenses, and their profits lie mostly in the
latter. You should be appreciative of what support they've given and
move on with your life. This is as good as it's going to get.

And what's worse, they don't support the auto stop down feature for the m42 screw mount lenses!

There are so many features that would make a much bigger difference than supporting out of production lenses that are old enough to run for President. Off the bat I want a histogram based on the raw sensor data, and the ability to auto bracket ISO rather than just shutter speed.

Radio control of flashes would be good, even better if they use an already existing standard rather than creating their own.

There is one simple feature that the Pentax DSLRs lack that would increase sales more than anything else that they could possibly do, get the cameras into stores where people can see them in person and buy them.

Bullshit whining like this is why I'm a lurker here, rather than an
active member like I was years ago. Cranky old farts complaining about
new technology does not make for a fun environment for discussion.

Because bullshit whining about crusty old farts is so much more entertaining than bullshit whining about missing features.

John

--
Larry Colen  l...@red4est.com (postbox on min4est)