On Sep 19, 2014, at 3:41 PM, steve harley <p...@paper-ape.com> wrote:

> on 2014-09-19 13:13 Eric Weir wrote
>> Not even certain I can do it in Finder, since when I attempt to delete the
>> folder in Finder I’m told “the operation can’t be completed because one or
>> more of the required items can’t be found.”
>
> if you are getting that message in a simple Finder operation, your disk may
> be corrupted; i suggest you open disk utility and run Verify Disk (not a
> repair); if it finds problems, reboot from your recovery partition
> (command-R), open Disk Utility and Repair Disk; while Verify is running,
> assess your backup situation in case the error is not recoverable.

Thanks, Steve. An error was found. However, when I do command-R the only thing
that happens is that a Finder window opens with the hard disk selected. I have
a MacBook Air, so the hard drive is an SSD.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"What does it mean...that the world is so beautiful?"

- Mary Oliver