Christine -

I have a couple of the Eye-Fi Pro series cards. I use the Pro rather than the Mobi in the event I want to transfer RAW files from the card to either my iPad or computer. Transferring RAW files however would be a last resort as it's a slo-o-o-o-w process.

OTOH, I have my camera (a K-5)set to record RAW+JPG and the Eye-Fi cards set to transfer JPGs only. The JPGs generated by the camera are the smallest file size and lowest quality compression, but still give me decent web-sized images on the iPad. They transfer reasonably quickly and the client gets to review the images on a screen larger than 3 inches.

Eye-Fi calls transferring to a tablet or phone "Direct Mode". If you have the card set up to transfer to either a network computer or a tablet/phone, it defaults to the known network and only goes to direct mode if there is no known network available. I only want the transfers to go to my iPad whether I'm in range of my network or not, so all I have set up is the direct mode. An alternative setup for venues outside of a studio would be to take a laptop connected to a wireless router to an event to set up your own network and use the eye-fi card to transfer to that. That may work better than the direct mode to a tablet but is somewhat more cumbersome.

In direct mode, when the card goes to sleep the tablet loses the connection so when you wake the camera/card back up you need to re-establish the connection on the tablet. There is some adjustment to how long the card's wi-fi remains active after the last image is transferred but that uses more from the camera battery so it's a balancing act as to how long you want the card's wi-fi to run vs battery life.

Uf-da...does that make any sense?  HTH

-p