On 2015-04-12 20:32 , Stanley Halpin wrote:
You can buy a dongle that allows your video I/O port to attach to an HDMI
cable. I know it works for video out, I don’t know if it will work for video in.

that won't work; Christine would need an HDMI video capture device; i don't know the market, but something like this:

<http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-USB3HDCAP-Video-Capture-Device/dp/B00PC5HUA6/ref=pd_cp_e_0>

but since she has a pre-Thunderbolt Mac, she also doesn't have USB 3 and i suspect USB 2 is not fast enough to keep up; maybe if you found a device that broadcast a stream onto wifi …