On 2015-06-16 22:48 , David Mann wrote:
Oh yes, of course.  Many years ago I used a mail client that understood those
headers, but Apple Mail doesn’t so I’d forgotten they exist.  Thanks for the
reminder.

Apple Mail doesn't automate mailing list subs/unsubs, but it can use the List-id header in filters ("rules"); by default the filter setup options don't include List-id, but it is easy to add the header ("Edit Header List…" in the popup for defining conditions for a rule), and it is the best header to use for defining filters for mailing lists (in general, not just PDML)