Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 10:42 AM
To: pdml@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Is Windo2ws 10 worth it?

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015, at 11:49 AM, John Coyle wrote:
As far as I've seen reported so far, it's a genuine upgrade.  I've had
the notification from
Microsoft that I'm eligible, and have accepted the offer, the new
software will be downloaded when
it's actually available, later this year.  There don't seem to be any
issues to consider, W7 and
later PC's seem to have all the necessary hardware to run, but obviously
some new drivers may be
needed.

HTH

John in Brisbane

Does anyone know how the upgrade offers work?

From what I've read, offers should appear on the notification area of
the taskbar provided you have at least Win 7 Home Premium + Service Pack
1 (which I have).  So far no upgrade notification.

Not that I'm feeling left out or in a hurry to upgrade - I'd just like
to know.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters