It's probably a limited time offer to nudge people towards being early adopters.

On 6/23/2015 8:39 PM, Zos Xavius wrote:
You'll have a year to decide. My advice: let the early adopters shake
out the release for a while before you decide to take the plunge. You
can also image your drive and revert, but there is always the outside
chance that something goes wrong.