Frankly, give the lenses you mentioned, the *need* for the DA40 is
virtually nil. On the other hand, if he/she finds himself using the
40mm focal length a lot and wishing for AF, and thinks the prime is
going to perform better than the Sigma at 40mm, then $100 for the
Limited is probably a good deal. I'd buy it just to flip it at $100.

--
Life is too short to put up with bad bokeh.