Thanks all for your input. On balance, your suggestions mirror my own: I told
him that I had had the DA40 and had sold it, partially because its FOV was
redundant with several others, and partially because I didn’t find it all that
special. But for $100, if it were a 10 minute drive rather than a 2 hour drive
I would be severely tempted.

I’ll pass a redacted compendium of your suggestions on to the one who is
tempted.

stan