I for one, like the split image viewfinders in my Chinon body cameras (CP-5
and 6).  Old age and failing eyesight make it a no brainer for me.  Hate the
flat viewfinders on my PZ-20 and -70 bodies except when using AF....again a
concession to poor eyesight.  Nothing is perfect for every situation and with
all equipment, so it is really personal preference.

Jerry in Houston