Thursday, April 25, 2002, 6:30:07 PM, Cotty wrote:
>>My little Leica CL (a rangefinder) obviously has split image and couldn't
>>do without that ;-)
>>
>>Really, Cotty? Not a coincident-image (superimposing) rangefinder, like all
>>other RF cameras I'm aware of?

C> Oh yeah, well, you know what I mean - I mean, I knew what I meant, I
C> mean, oh Hell. Forget it!

C> I don't need to see through viefinders to see double images!

C> Best,

C> Cotty

Actually, Cotty, you were right! The Leicas (and the Minolta CL) use
split-image rangefinder! In addition to coincident image RF, the edges
of which are a clear cut, so you can focus AT THE EDGE of it. It was
found by tests that this arrangement of both split-image and
coincident can improve focus accuracy by 50%...

Frantisek