In a message dated 4/24/2002 1:06:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I've been considering a second SLR body to go with the K1000 that may have
> this feature.

  Hi Dave...
     Camera Repair Service in Pittsburg will do a split-screen conversion AND
    C-L-A on your current K-1000 for $50.00   I just had one of mine done and
    I'm very impressed with the service..the body was back in my hands
    within a week and its never been smoother and quieter since it was born.
    I took a chance on these guys thru an e-Bay auction for "Split-Screen
    Conversion" because I wasn't using the camera anyway due to shutter
    speeds sounding "off"....now its perfect.
                                       Regards,
                                              Bob