Thanks, Igor. I looked at your recommendation but it has a molex power socket and I only have sata power plugs free in the case - I don't even see any molex cables in there at all. I picked the first card because of the sata power port, Inateck's good reputation, and also because it included a sata power cord extension (which I found was not necessary.) After that I just looked for NEC chipset and sata power socket, and eventually also for ports in the needed orientation - those three factors combined really limit available choices Maybe I'll try the transcend card and get a sata to molex adapter (I was trying to keep things simple but obviously have not been successful on that front.)