----- Original Message -----
From: Mishka <
Subject: Re: Portrait lens recommendations?

> After all the good things I have heard here about M85/2, I am
leaning
> heavily towards buying one. What does the collective wisdom
say, is
> $250 a good deal for the one in "Ex++" condition (whatever
that means)?
> I am afraid, mail order is my only choice.

Shot with the M 85mm f/2. I never did get the scan right, and
the PUG image is awfully contrasty. In the original print, you
can count as many hairs of the dawg as you care to.
http://pug.komkon.org/01nov/2Rotties.html

I have both the M85, and the FA77, and frankly, I don't like the
77 anywhere near as much.

William Robb