[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
<< Well, I paid $320 back in '81 for the M85/2 fairly heavily discounted too.
 Seemed like a lot of money to me back then. It and the 35/2 were about the
 most expensive lenses in the 28 to 200mm range Pentax sold back then. >>

     Yes, the M 85mm f2 was expensive when introduced.  I think I may have
paid even a bit more shortly after introduction.  It was a real case of
sticker shock after the M135/3.5 and M28/2.8, my only other lenses.
     In any case, it was my most valued and most used lens for many years.
Eventually I came to own an A100/2.8 Macro, and that pushed the M85/2 out of
the small bag I carried most often.
     I used the lens most often indoors with poor light.  Camera shake was a
bigger enemy than lens sharpness to my photos.  I threw lots of pictures
away, but have some great pictures remaining.
    Don't hesitate to buy this lens!
Regards,  Bob S.