I’m hesitant to address this, but I’m also confused, so I think I’ll speak up.
These photos are a very accurate depiction of Cabaret, they capture the essence
of the story, as produced both in the theater and on film Are they exploitative
merely because they are mildly erotic, as was the original? And if these photos
are exploitative does that mean Renoir and Michelangelo and countless other
artists who depicted the female form are somehow violating some kind of
arbitrary moral standard as well? I think that if we were to agree that is the
case, it would be a sad commentary on the human condition. Eroticism banned. A
new Puritan age. A banal existence, mandated by political correctness.

Paul