This is NOT about political correctness, Paul. I know those are among the
biggest swear-words in your vocabulary, so anything that you strongly disagree
with has to do with "political correctness".

I really don't give a flying F about the story or the stageplay or the movie.
On the face of them, these photos objectify and demean women. They portray
women in a sexual way that men are not generally portrayed.

That's why they are sexist. Why is that so difficult to understand? If men
dressed and posed this way it would look ridiculous. Yet when women do it, it's
okay?

I will reiterate yet again: This is NOT about nudity. This is not about skin.

This is about a sexual depiction of a woman in a way that a man would never be
depicted.

As for Renoir and Michelangelo, their depictions of female nudes were neither
suggestive nor sexual. And in the case of Michelangelo, he also did male nudes
(hello: David?) so at least there was some balance.

There is, quite frankly, no comparison between the female nude in Western art
and Bruce's Cabaret photos.

I'm not calling for the banning of anything, I'm not calling for censorship.
I'm asking that we try to understand why depictions like the Cabaret series can
be harmful to an identifiable group (in this case, women) and govern ouselves
accordingly.

Here's a question to honestly ask yourself: How would you feel if it was your
daughter or grand daughter in those photos? Would you be okay with that?
Wouldn't make you feel uncomfortable in the least? Really?

I know how I'd feel. And that's why I know that this is not something I feel
right about.

Cheers,

frank