Mark C wrote:

>Thanks for posting that - I did not know how to automatically average
>layers in Photoshop so that will be very helpful! I've been doing it
>manually ala the technique they used with Gimp.

That video doesn't even show the easiest way of averaging Layers in
Photoshop. Here's the best way: From the FILE menu choose SCRIPTS and
from that sub-menu choose STATISTICS. You'll get a dialog box in which
you can choose the files you want (picking them individually,
targeting an entire directory or using files you have open); then use
the drop-down list in that dialog to choose the way you want to
combine them — "Mean" and "Median" are usually the best choices.

Click OK and Photoshop does the rest.

I used this technique for several shots I took in Devon this past
summer:
http://www.robertstech.com/temp/7df02413-16.jpg
http://www.robertstech.com/temp/7df02417-23.jpg

--