If I'm not mistaken, the same effect can be achieved in-camera using
multiple exposure and chossing the appropriate blend mode.
A very informative thread on this subject can be found (for those of
you for whom it is not against your religion to visit pentaxforums)
at:
http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/274453-tutorial-k-3-multi-exposure-modes-additive-average-bright.html

--
Life is too short to put up with bad bokeh.