>On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Collin B <collinb at brendemuehl.net>
wrote:
>> Commumism was never containable
>
>Communism WAS contained.
>
>Dan Matyola

Not exactly.  It spread from China to N. Korea.  It spread through VietNam.
It is maintained in Cuba.  The Shining Path remains at large.

Of course, one might say that it was not allowed global conquest.
So it is true in a sense. But it was thought/taught that containment would
strangle it into oblivion.
That never happened.  Containment was ineffective.
It took Regan's budgetary challenge to break up the USSR.  But PROC, N.
Korea, & Cuba are still with us.
And now we have a Marxist president who considers a national reduction in
wages to be normative.
And "The Nation" continues to publish from its historic (yes, this is true)
Stalinist frame of mind.
(That wrag includes Sid Blumenthal, advisor to Hillary. Same frame of mind
and a working relationship.)

Anyway, I think I'm blocked by a number of PDMLers here wrt my perspectives.
Alas.
Hope there's no hard feelings.  It's not like I'm speaking Nikonese or
Canonese in our midst ...

Collin