I can see how their style would have made them a good futuristic looking prop.

I believe that they normally say that 10x is the most one should
attempt to handhold (without it becoming annoying trying to keep it
steady). I was pleased (and surprised) to see that these have a tripod
socket on the underside. They are a great size to have in the car
console or glove box, also.

--
Life is too short to put up with bad bokeh.