Interesting! Thanks for the pic.

I wouldn't think it would be too hard to cobble something functional
together that would duplicate the functionality. It's basically just
1/4"-20 threads on one end and a t-nut same thread at the other, held
together with some kind of structure and/or epoxy like JBWeld. Just
need the motivation, more than anything.

--
Life is too short to put up with bad bokeh.